Cristo Rey Tampa’s priority is keeping students and staff safe and healthy while delivering quality instruction and a Corporate Work Study Program.
Prospective families can Apply online, sign up for Welcome Wednesdays and Panther for a Day, an register for Open House. Apply Now
Meet the Cristo Rey Tampa team of professionals. Meet the Staff
News and Events
Stay connected with CRT! Read about students and staff making a difference on campus and in the community. Learn More
Despite all the chaos that has occurred over the last five months, we are genuinely excited about the beginning of the school year. We are ready to get back to fulfilling our mission of educating our students, preparing them for college, and supporting their growth and development. We look forward to seeing the students’ faces, either in person or online. Whether in person or at home, we take our role within our community seriously. However, we understand that amid the pandemic, the way we provide the essential service we offer must be unique, innovative, and flexible. That is why we will continue to communicate how we are keeping students on campus safe AND all the ways that we are transferring the quality of our academic program to a remote environment. Our new learning environment remains fluid, but I pledge to continue to work with every student and family to hear your concerns and deliver on our commitment to a true college-preparatory experience. If you have questions or would like to review the options we are offering this year, please join for another set of School Reopening Information Sessions. We will have a session that focuses on Academics and one that focuses on Corporate Work Study, and they will both be offered in English and Spanish. The schedule is below. Please take some time to read through the details on this page and reach out to us if you have any questions.
Matt Torano, Principal
School Reopening Information Sessions:
Mark your calendar to join us this week for a School Reopening Information Session via Zoom. Cristo Rey Tampa administrators will reviews details about academics and corporate work study. Sessions will be offered in both English and Spanish.
- Wednesday, July 29, via Zoom
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- In this session, Mr. Torano will recap the learning options available to families and offer time for Q & A.
- Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/86795719878?pwd=OW5mM3BHSEhlWkhMeDdqODlla21Udz09
- Meeting ID: 867 9571 9878 Passcode: JaQHM2
Academics (en español)
- el miércoles 29 de julio via Zoom
- 5:00 -6:00 p.m.
- En esta sesión, el Sr. Torano resumirá las opciones de aprendizaje disponibles para las familias y ofrecerá tiempo para preguntas y respuestas.
- Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/81504970714?pwd=dHdCb1JDNXZ4M0Z3RnlkcVFKSVJJQT09
- Meeting ID: 815 0497 0714 Passcode: B62MgX
Corporate Work Study
- Thursday, July 30, via Zoom
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Ms. Dixon will recap the Corporate Work Study Program Experience and offer time for Q & A.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83068539682?pwd=ZDNjcUUyTFVDTXkvQlArUWhBaGUyUT09
- Meeting ID: 830 6853 9682 Passcode: 6PAbL0
Corporate Work Study Program (en español)
- el jueves 30 de julio, via Zoom
- 5:30 -6:30 p.m.
- En esta sesión, la Sra. Karin Mountain recapitulará la experiencia del Estudio de trabajo corporativo y ofrecerá un tiempo para preguntas y respuestas.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81170833883?pwd=NXZEYThHRTNFOGNrQUI5VXhsc21hQT09
- Meeting ID: 811 7083 3883 Passcode: smYzT2
- Friday, July 31, via Zoom
- 3:00 -4:00 p.m.
- Mr. Torano will recap the learning options available to families and offer time for Q & A.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84224838595?pwd=S0dtMGVEb3ZxQVp4WmFkRDhKSFJQdz09
- Meeting ID: 842 2483 8595 Passcode: Pd4DdZ
Corporate Work Study Program - Recap
- Friday, July 31, via Zoom
- 4:30 -5:30 p.m.
- Ms. Dixon will recap the Corporate Work Study experience for families and offer time for Q & A.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81795890653?pwd=OFd3Y1ZtSVNxQVVtOXpudHZZcXAyZz09
- Meeting ID: 817 9589 0653 Passcode: je1nVg
School Reopening Details
On this page, we have highlighted areas that the Cristo Rey Tampa team feel are imperative to the culture of reopening our school. The categories highlighted are:
- School Reopening Information Sessions
- Academics & Instruction
- College Counseling
- CRT Campus Environment
- Corporate Work Study
- CRT Community
Academics & Instruction:
eLEarning (At home. Online. same time as on-campus class)
- Classes held online via Chromebook or other approved device at home.
- Classes are synchronous, taught at the same time your child’s class is being taught on-campus.
- Students must be on time to class with their camera/video on.
- Students have to use their full name when they login to Zoom meeting for their classes.
- Students must login and be visible (camera on) within five minutes of class starting.
- Students must wear a Cristo Rey Tampa uniform shirt when in class (online).
On-campus Learning (CRT campus)
- Students will have four days of classes on-campus.
- Students will have one day of Corporate Work Study either at the workplace or working remotely.
- Classes will be taught by a teacher with a maximum of 12 students, six feet apart, in a classroom.
- Classes will be fifty-eight minutes long with a 6 minute break in between classes for fresh air.
- Masks or face shields are mandatory.
- Students will follow all protocols and procedures for on-campus learning.
Hybrid (Combination of elearning and On-campus)
- Students will have two to three days on campus.
- Students will have one day of eLearning.
- Students will have one day of Corporate Work Study at the workplace or remotely.
- Students will foll all of the protocols and procedures for eLearning, on-campus, and at the workplace.
Cristo Rey Tampa offers two options for Dual Enrollment. The first is with the Hillsborough Community College (HCC), and the second is with the University of South Florida (USF). Dual Enrollment allows students to enroll virtually in a post-secondary institution and earn college credits while still attending high school. These courses will not only transfer into most of the Florida Universities but will also help students to satisfy high school graduation requirements at the same time. Currently, both dual enrollment options have waived all of the standardized testing admissions requirements due to COVID-19. To enroll in Dual Enrollment through the Hillsborough Community College, students must have a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and communicate interest before the December 11th registration deadline. To qualify for Dual Enrollment through the University of South Florida, students must have at least a weighted high school GPA of a 3.5. Please schedule a ZOOM appointment with Mrs. Marimar Velaz to discuss the best dual enrollment option for your child’s academic goals. If you have any questions regarding dual Enrollment, college, or career options, please contact the college counseling department.
CRT Campus Environment
- Faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face masks while on campus.
- Faculty and staff will wear masks and/or face shields while maintaining social distancing.
- When students are on their re-charge break and at lunch, practicing social distancing, they may remove their masks.
- Masks and/or face shields are mandatory while on campus. All students will be provided with a specified number of cloth masks that can be used during their school day. Students can utilize a cloth, N95, or another type of mask that covers the nose and mouth. Masks should be a solid color with no writing or large design pattern. Face/ neck gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
Arrival & Dismissal
- Because of social distancing protocols, we STRONGLY discourage dropping off students before 7:00 AM.
- Students can be dropped off by the entrance of the cafeteria where they will receive their individually packaged breakfast items.
- Depending on the number of students who arrive during the breakfast time period, the cafeteria along with the outdoor pavilion will be used to socially distance students as they eat.
- Students will be required to wear masks/face shields upon arrival, unless they are eating and socially distanced from others.
- During dismissal, students will be required to wear masks/face shields and maintain proper social distancing.
- Students who are being picked up by their parents/guardian will wait in the front of the school.
- Students who utilize the Cristo Rey Tampa transportation system will board their respective buses once the end-of-day bell has sounded.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Lunch and breakfast are free for all Cristo Rey Tampa students.
- Meals will be “Grab & Go” from the cafeteria.
- Students can eat lunch in the open areas throughout campus. Should there be inclement weather, the gymnasium will be open.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle.
Corporate Work Study
Corporate Work Study is part of the Cristo Rey Tampa curriculum. All students participate in the Corporate Work Study experience and will either work onsite for the employer or remotely if the employer has requested remote working. Remote working options are limited, but our Corporate Work Study team is willing to work with families individually on remote options.
If you have questions about the Corporate Work Study experience, please contact Ms. Takiyah Dixon, Director Of Corporate Work Stuy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who report to the worksite will:
- Follow CDC recommended guidelines and wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Have a Temperature check prior to boarding transportation to report to work.
- Have their own workstation (must clean and disinfect daily).
- Be transported daily using social distancing on the vehicle.
- If students report to school not feeling well or ill, the student will not report to work that day and will need to make up the missed workday.
- If student is ill due to COVID-19, make up days will be addressed on an individual basis.
- Transportation vehicles will be occupied at 50% capacity
- Students must wear their CWSP uniform/attire.
- Parents/guardians must never contact corporate partners under any circumstance.
- CWSP staff reserves the right to transfer students to another corporate partner.
Students who work remotely (limited options fo remote working):
- Will be provided an electronic device checked out through CRT.
- MUST use the CRT provided device; no exceptions.
- MUST report to work in their CWSP uniform.
- MUST work from a designated work area (professional and free of noise).
- MUST must be prompt in reporting virtually (virtual check in
- Three (3) occurrences will result in a parent student conference.
- Two (2) consecutive tardies/absences will result in a parent/student conference.Will make up missed workdays
- Missed workdays due to COVID-19 will be addressed on an individual basis.
CWSP Staff reserve the right to request students to report to the CRT campus for:
- one on one onboarding processes
- Professional Development/Licensing
- Termination (Includes parent/student conference)
- Transportation availability, bus schedules, and routes are currently under review for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Due to recent CDC guidelines, requirements, and mandates, we are adjusting our vehicles accordingly for safety.
- Students’ temperature will be taken before boarding a Cristo Rey Tampa bus.
- Students will be required to wear masks while on board Cristo Rey Tampa buses.
- Buses will be sanitized nightly.
- If you have questions regarding transportation, please email Mr. Jose Montes, Transportaton Manager, at email@example.com
- Please download, complete, and return the Transportation Request Form to the Main Office or scan and email it to Mr. Jose Montes, Transportaton Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristo Rey Tampa Community
Activities & Clubs
- Clubs will meet practicing social distance.
- Club members will be required to wear a mask during meetings.
- There will be no Cristo Rey Tampa team sports played in the fall.
- Mass will be held once a month.
- Mass will be streamed on Facebook and Instagram for those students who are participating in eLearning.
- Mass will be held at the outdoor altar by the lake for those students who are on campus.
- Students will attend Mass outdoors by the lake practicing social distancing and wearing masks.
Cristo Rey Tampa is committed to providing the safest back-to-school environment possible for our students, faculty, and staff based on the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) guidelines. Expertise from the medical community regarding COVID-19 is invaluable for us as we prepare to reopen our school to our students, faculty, and staff. We have partnered with BayCare for them to assess the campus and recommend safety protocols and procedures to ensure we are taking all of the necessary precautions to safeguard students and staff. We have compiled a shortlist of protocols we have instituted for the upcoming year that focus on health and safety. While this is not a comprehensive list, we wanted to share a few of the ways we are protecting our Cristo Rey Tampa family.
Our team has also drafted a detailed reporting procedure for all Cristo Rey Tampa employees and students. We encourage all Cristo Rey Tampa families and staff to be familiar with the reporting procedures and share any concerns or questions with Cristo Rey leadership.
We still welcome visitors to our campus, but we do ask that all visitors adhere to our protocols for everyone’s safety.