IMPORTANT – Coronavirus Update
March 20, 2020
The safety and well-being of our school community is our top priority.
Dear Cristo Rey Parents and Guardians:
We know this week has been been trying for our local community and those across the globe. However, despite all the uncertainty and change that the coronavirus (COVID-19) brings, know that our focus continues to be on your child’s education and the safety of our school family.
As per the recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention and the Florida Department of Education, our school campus is closed until April 15, and no student should report to campus. Beginning Monday, March 23, Cristo Rey Tampa Salesian High School teachers will use a remote learning platform to educate your child. Teachers will provide assignment and virtual class schedules on Monday. Students will also receive access to their class welcome videos, unit syllabi, and their first lessons through these familiar platforms. Please be sure your child checks their email for details and instructions on Monday.
Please remember during these next two weeks:
- Student instruction will take place using a virtual format March 23- April 15. We will keep you abreast of the progress and our weekly success.
- AP Assessments are under review by the CollegeBoard and they will be in touch with us as to how they will proceed. Students can visit CollegeBoard on Instagram to and sign up free mobile tools and resources.
- Free breakfast and lunch are available for children under 18 years of age at locations throughout Hillsborough County. Visit freshfromflorida.com to find a location near you.
- Continue to take precautions to stop the spread of infection. Practice social distancing and limit gathering with friends. It is important that students remain at home or have minimal contact with people outside of their families to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Please limit your travel to limit exposure to yourselves and our community.
- Remember, anyone who travels out of the country or on a cruise MUST self-isolate for 14 days upon return, as directed by the Department of Education and Florida Health Department.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate these temporary circumstances. We will continue to update you via email, phone, and text. Our website and social media sites will also be updated with all communications and resources. We will back Monday evening with an update.
Below are resources available to families in Hillsborough County. We will continue to post resources and updates to this page.
Letters to Parents and Guardians
Below are links to the letters that Cristo Rey Tampa Salesian High School administration has sent to parents and guardians vial email. Phone messages and texts are also sent to let you know we have sent out communication.
Spectrum Communications is offering Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps.
To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Meals - Free meals for Kids
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is activating their Summer BreakSpot website for families to receive breakfast and lunch for their children under 18 years old. Visit SummerBreakSpot.FreshFromFlorida.com. to find a location convenient for you.
Links to Important Information about Coronavirus
Below are links to the agencies that are on the front lines and continue to inform us of the coronavirus (COVID-19).